Monday, February 11, 2008

My Investment Strategy

My initial investments were taken from MSN Money's Top Rated Stock Lists. At first, I chose the companies with the catchiest names, naturally. On the second day of the stock market contest, I saw Pedro's portfolio skyrocket, so I basically copied his investment strategy and bought stocks from First Solar. As our portfolio value increased, I saw everyone else jumping on the First Solar (FSLR) bandwagon until all its investors raced their way to the top of the ranking chart.

And so, my strategy from here on out is to invest in five great companies (some blue chip, some not) and stray away from the investments of my classmates. Hopefully, my stocks will go up slowly in value as their portfolios rise and fall together (because of all their similar investments).

No comments: